Sunday, April 21, 2013

Tell THIS story


It’s assessment time again, and I was looking for something different to assign for my writing assessment this semester other than the usual “here’s your topic.” I’ve always loved using picture prompts for writing because so many of us are visual learners, and it’s neat to see how the same picture can elicit such a variety of stories. In my quest for bizarre and interesting picture prompts, I stumbled onto a slideshare that was created with 150 awesome pictures for story writing. (Thank you, Kevin Cummins)Some of them were so good that it was hard for my students to choose which story they wanted to tell. It’s so nice when an assessment doesn’t feel like an assessment, isn’t it?

So, if you’re looking to put a little spin on your next writing assessment, or if you are just looking for a fun task board or class writing assignment, give this one a try. Your students will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment