Thursday, March 14, 2013

Landform Project


Wow, what a week it’s been here, folks. We survived Dr. Seuss week and are gearing up for our annual Olympics next week. Under normal circumstances, I would be really excited to help out with team banners and cheers, but I have been beyond busy and just trying to keep my head above water. Anyway, I was brainstorming for some creative projects and experiments to get us through our earth science unit and wanted to share a couple of things I’ve been doing. I’ll start with our landform project…

For this project I had the students choose a landform from an approved list, research the forces that helped to create it, and how weathering and erosion continue to slowly transform it. They are well underway on this assignment and things are going well. I will post pictures just as soon as I snap some, so stay tuned for those. For now, check out the quizlet set of landform vocabulary that I found online (courtesy of rmslonghorns) along with the project guidelines and rubric I created for this project.


Landform Project Rubric  

No comments:

Post a Comment