Sunday, January 27, 2013

Word Clouds- 100 days



As the 100th day of school approaches, I’ve been brainstorming all of the different ways that I can incorporate 100 into my lessons. I’ve seen about a million ideas online, but they all seem to be a bit too young for my 6th graders. I’ve been looking for an excuse to have my class play around with tagxedo.com because I just love word clouds and have been using the site to make one for each week’s spelling words and hanging on our word wall.
So… I decided why not have the students come up with 100 words that they would use to describe themselves and put it in the form of a word cloud. I found that the task was just the right amounts of challenge and fun to make it a 100-day-worthy activity. Plus, this makes for a great computer task board station. Try it out with your class or play around with it just for fun. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment