Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Digital Posters- Earth Science


 Sorry I’ve been MIA for a few days… I’ve been in the throes of planning and coordinating all kinds of stuff like Dr. Seuss week, our 100 days celebration, school Olympics, oh, and this little thing I do on the side called TEACHING. I’m starting to feel like I didn’t just have a week off!

Anyway, back to the real postJ We’re about a week and a half into our earth science unit and my kids have their first assignment due after the weekend; a digital poster collage about Earth’s layers and plate tectonics. Exciting stuff, folks!

I found the link for an online poster creator while I was browsing the community shares on edmodo and thought to myself, “Self, that’s a great idea. You should use that in your class.” So that’s exactly what I did for this assignment.

The website’s called glogster and basically, it’s just a graphics blog that allows students to design their very own posters using fun graphics, pictures, videos, and so much more. What makes this website even cooler? They have a separate page just for education so you don’t have to worry about them seeing anything they aren’t supposed to! Pretty neat, huh?

Check out the example poster I started along with my project guidelines below, and stay tuned for their finished posters, which I’ll add later. Happy almost Friday!

Digital Poster Project Guidelines

No comments:

Post a Comment